InvestUP is a private sector-led economic development organization keenly focused on driving economic growth across Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Founded by the region’s leading private sector businesses and the region’s universities, its mission is to deliver business and job growth across the peninsula. The Board is comprised of its members’ CEOs and Presidents, who have identified the following strategic objectives for the Upper Peninsula:
- Promote the Upper Peninsula externally for its outstanding business and lifestyle opportunities
- Attract and retain talent
- Advance and grow existing Upper Peninsula businesses
- Attract new businesses in key industries
InvestUP is less than a year old and items like our website and our strategic plan are in development. However we have hit the ground running on several initiatives including:
- Working to help aerospace suppliers in the Upper Peninsula connect with primes and OEMs during an event at Michigan Tech this fall.
- Proactively working toward strategies and solutions to create jobs in Gogebic & Iron Counties.
- Partnering with Smartzones and a UP Health Foundation on a regional infrastructure needs survey to develop and plan for funding.
- Working closely with an advanced manufacturer, to connect them with legislators, who can help the electronics industry overcome challenges effecting the Department of Defense.
- Developing a newsletter that can be mailed to our local, state, and federal government representatives to keep them informed about issues and opportunities in the region.
- Attracting an aviation company that will create jobs and opportunities for students.
- Working on a plan to increase air travel opportunities.
- Working with site-selectors to identify potential locations for companies interested in moving to the region.
- Regular, national promotion of Upper Peninsula business and lifestyle stories with a network of writers across the region.
- Developing a talent attraction strategy and toolbox for businesses and talent.
Businesses thrive here. So do their people.
The Upper Peninsula has built a proud reputation for beautiful natural resources, great vacations, and yes, plenty of snow. While shorelines, forests and outdoor adventures have provided Michigan bragging rights, there is an undiscovered and untapped new energy source in the Upper Peninsula business community.
Businesses here are launching, growing and thriving thanks to hard-working dedicated and passionate workforce, affordable housing, talent and research at three universities, a welcoming business community, a business-friendly environment, and a lifestyle you will not find anywhere else in the Midwest.
Upper Peninsula family hobby farm means business with the support of public and private support
THE U.P. IS HIRING
Work where you want to live!
Professionals living in the Upper Peninsula have the unique opportunity of living in communities that have the best tech jobs, start-up resources and world-class trails. Start your journey here!
You can also follow us on our Facebook page for job updates, company insights, and information about the Upper Peninsula way of life! https://www.facebook.com/workliveup/